Keowee Key – A Community of Giving
Those of us who live in Keowee Key are blessed – it is hard to imagine a more perfect lifestyle. But many in Oconee County are not as fortunate. For them, a pattern of need persists, and it hits children the hardest.
Our community has responded: Our residents volunteer more than 100,000 hours each year and donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to make this county a better place to live.
Now, a group of volunteers has recognized that there is a way for us to have even greater impact:
Presenting Keowee Key Community Partnership
Keowee Key Community Partnership (KKCP) was founded on the premise that an opportunity exists to increase the amount and effectiveness of donations Keowee Key members give to nonprofits in Oconee County. How? By informing members about the organizations that make a difference here, encouraging member donations, having these nonprofits identify the total donations that come from Keowee Key members, and then working to secure matching funds.
What we do:
1. Partner with local nonprofit [501(c)(3) and 170(c)(1)] organizations that serve the residents of Oconee County, SC
2. Provide an easy, safe and private mechanism for members to donate to Partners using our internal member site
3. Communicate news about our Partners and their events here and in Scuttlebutt
4. Organize and communicate events to support our mission
5. Require our Partners to report to us quarterly two facts only: the number and total of donations received from members
6. Feed this data back to the membership, provide it for use in marketing Keowee Key and use it to seek matching funds
What we don’t do:
1. Receive or accept funds of any kind
2. Be made aware of the identities of individual donors
3. Issue tax-deductible receipts – they come from our Partners
4. Make or influence decisions on how, when or where our Partners use the donations they receive
5. Attempt to steer donations away from nonprofits who are not our Partners
Be sure to write, “Keowee Key” on the memo line of any checks you write. They report back only cumulative results to KKCP, enabling KKCP to seek matching funds. No individual donor names or donation amounts are ever shared with KKCP, and no money passes to or through KKCP.
The purpose of this website is for Keowee Key Community Partnership (KKCP) to bring to the attention of Members local, nonprofit organizations they may wish to support. Neither the Keowee Key Property Owners Association nor KKCP are responsible for the information provided by these charities, nor is this website a substitute for professional advice regarding charitable giving.